HYCAMTIN helps to destroy tumors.
It is used to treat:
– small cell lung carcinoma that has relapsed after chemotherapy.
Your doctor will decide with you whether treatment with Hicamin is preferable as compared with further treatment with your initial chemotherapy.
BEFORE YOU TAKE HYCAMTIN
Do not take Hikamtin:
– if you are allergic to topotecan or any of the other ingredients of Hicamin;
– if you are breast-feeding
– if your blood cell count is very low.
Take special care with Hikammin:
Your doctor needs to know before you take this medicine:
– if you have kidney or liver problems. Your dose may need to be adjusted
– if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
– if you are planning to become a father
Hicamin may damage a baby conceived before, during or shortly after treatment. You should use an effective method of contraception.
RECEIVE HISAMTIN WITH FOOD AND DRINKS
There is no known interaction between Hikamtin and alcohol. However, you should check with your doctor whether alcohol is appropriate for you.
Nicamine capsules can be taken with or without food.
Capsules should be swallowed whole and not chewed, crushed or split
PREGNANCY AND BREAST
Nicotine is not recommended for pregnant women. It can harm a baby conceived before, during or shortly after treatment. You should use an effective method of contraception. Do not try to get pregnant or become pregnant / fathering until the doctor tells you it’s safe.
Do not breast-feed if you are treated with Hikamtin. You should not start breastfeeding again until the doctor tells you it’s safe.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Hicamin:
this medicinal product contains traces of ethanol
HOW TO TAKE HYCAMTIN
The dose that will be prescribed to you will be calculated by your doctor based on:
– your body surface
– results of pre-treatment blood tests
– the disease being treated
The prescribed number of capsules should be swallowed whole, once a day for five days.
capsules should not be opened or crushed. If the capsules are drilled or cracked, immediately wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. If it gets into your eyes, wash them immediately with running water for at least 15 minutes. Ask your doctor if you have eye contact or if you have a skin reaction.
Removing a capsule
The capsules have a special pack that prevents children from opening.
1. Separate one capsule: tear along the dashed lines to separate a “nest” from the blister.
2. Remove the outer layer: start from the colored corner, lift the layer and remove it from the socket.
3. Remove the capsule: gently push one side of the capsule onto the foil.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Severe side effects:
Very common – signs of infection – It may reduce the number of white blood cells and decrease your resistance to infection. It can even be life-threatening. Signs include:
– a serious deterioration of your general condition
– local symptoms such as sore throat or urinary problems
Diarrhea. It can be heavy.
Sometimes severe abdominal pain, fever, possibility of diarrhea, which may be signs of inflammation of the intestine.
Rare side effects:
Pulmonary inflammation: You are at risk if you have an existing pulmonary disease, if you have radiation to the lungs or if you have taken medicines that cause lung damage. Signs include:
– difficulty in breathing
Very common side effects:
– a feeling of general weakness and fatigue
– unusual bruising or bleeding caused by a decrease in the number of platelets in the blood.
– Loss of weight and loss of appetite, fatigue, weakness
– Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation
– Hair loss
– allergic reactions
– Inflammation and ulcers of the mouth, tongue or gums
– Muscle pain
– Skin melting
– severe allergic reactions
– Swelling caused by fluid build-up
– Feeling rash
What it contains:
The active motif is topoeccan
The other ingredients are: hydrogenated vegetable oil, glycerol monostearate, gelatin, titanium dioxide red iron oxide.
The capsules are printed in black ink containing black iron oxide, shellac, anhydrous ethanol, propylene glycol, isopropyl alcohol, butanol, concentrated ammonia solution and potassium hydroxide.